Great phone , was eaven greater with transparent home screen but still great , end of story
Ms. Kanha, 21 Jun 2017Hoelw to take screen shot for sumsing galaxy s8 plusSwipe with your back of hand left to right on screen.
I bought this phone at BrandsMart on July 14 2017 for $857.00 usd. I took it back to Jamaica within a day the phone started shutting off, sometimes in the middle of conversation it just shuts off and then comes back on, I took it back to BrandsMart, on July 28 2017 they refused to take it back saying it has a crack on the back (a scratch from my Buckle while putting it in the case)
no crack ... I took it to a Samsung store in SawGrass Mall, it was examined by the Samsung Rep. he cleaned it and reinstalled everything, it worked well for a few days. today the same issued are back.
don't buy this phone it is a very pretty DUD.... I am very disappointed. can you imagine spending so much on a phone $1 USD is 130.00 Jamaican Dollar
I am back to my very old Samsung Mega ...
I'm looking forward to this phone. Only thing if they used no s pen then might make easier to use and become slimmer.
I just bought this cell phone a couple of days ago - upgraded from the S7Edge:
1. Hate the rear fingerprint scanner on the back but the iris sensor is on and I don't even need to use the former anymore. To those who see the placement of the FPS as a major factor I'd recommend getting the S8/S8+ anyway because you won't even notice the FPS. The Iris Sensor isn't as quick as I thought it would be (Huawei is a million times quicker for e.g.) but's quick enough - very similar to S7Edge scanning time.
2. Battery Life - I'm still not 100% convinced just yet. Maybe I still need more time but typically I do get through a day with heavy usage but I think my S7Edge held up better - will postagain once I properly get used to it.
3. Is the screen display upgrade more noticeable? 100% yes - it's definitely noticeable how brighter and better looking the display is. It's one of the best amoled displays I've ever used.
4. Is it quick? I'm on the Exynos version. It's fast and snappy - I can tell it's quicker than the S7Edge for sure but I wouldn't say it's overly a beast. I think the OnePlus5 is quicker.
5. Camera - same S7Edge camera, no real upgrades though the camera is still as flawless as ever in low light conditions. Coupled with the display, the pictures come out brighter and more accurate in colours.
I just bought my s8+..and I'm telling..its the best phone till date..worth the money!!..
Ms. Kanha, 21 Jun 2017Hoelw to take screen shot for sumsing galaxy s8 plusPush power button and volume down button on same time
Dutus, 03 May 2017I agree - I have a Lumia 950. Too much sharpening on the S8 apart from anything else. I admit ... moreCause Its just some people who trust the Windows Phone. I remember that BlackBerry Passport which is the one phone with SD 801 can beat iPhone 6 Plus performance on opening apps. But just some people trust BB. I think Windows Phone may has iOS optimization like on PC and open source ability like Android, but its become unlucky like BB.
I bought my s8plus yesterday.. and i notice when i play my music using the AKG bundled earphones, the right side of it is slightly low sound.
Amazing phone with amazing expirience and battery life am loving it
I bought this phone, and right after 3 days it starts malfunctioning... I am in great tension as I bought it for 97,000 PKR and i had to face such bad experience... Samsung is came to it's end... please don't buy it....
Chill, 05 May 2017Its time to move on to another brand that offer price=SPEC of a phone. i hope This Brand don'... moreThere is a difference between buying mostly top end good parts and selling at a decent price and developing in house the latest and must advanced parts and using just about all of it and then paying for the advertisement and R&D. And that's just specs. Not software or anything else.
Its time to move on to another brand that offer price=SPEC of a phone. i hope This Brand don't end up like Nokia. Yes nokia.
SpiritWolf, 19 Apr 2017Lumia 950/950XL camera is better. Way oversharpened and colours are off.I agree - I have a Lumia 950. Too much sharpening on the S8 apart from anything else. I admit to being a Windows fanboy (I had a Note 2 for a while and in true, it seems, Android fashion the phone slowed up noticeably over the three years I had it), but the 950 has quite a few plus points (leaving aside the wretched app thing the Windows detractors bang on about - get a life people, it's not as bad as all that regarding apps that matter).
I can admire the design of the S8 (although I'm not sure about the new screen ratio - too narrow), but most people are going to hide theirs in a case for protection. The 950 may not look special, but if you drop it, it's not nearly as likely to break. I remain to be convinced that you'll be able to drop an S8 and get away with it.
The 950 has a removable back, so when the battery gets tired, you replace the battery and not the whole phone.
The S8 screen is doubtless very good, but the Lumia's resolution is also excellent.
The 950 had iris recognition when it came out in 2015, likewise wireless charging and USB-C.
The headphone socket is in the wrong position on the S8; it should be on the top for when the phone is in your pocket.
The dual sim implementation is better in the 950 - you can have two sims and a micro sd card at the same time. This is one of the main things that put me off the S7 and now the S8.
Windows 10 on the 950 is now very slick and bug-free compared to when the 950 launched. Sadly, too many people have been swayed by the apps situation and seem to be incapable of seeing beyond appearances, which is great for the marketing boys...