srsly, my LeGit is with 300-400 ram and only the system is 259-270. i cant open apps, gallery even options after factory reset. just dont buy this trash.
I'm using a lg p705g and its extremely laggy. I have deleted pretty much everything and restarted the phone but no difference. It is a nice phone and have it for 3 years. Now I've switched over to Samsung S4 and it didnt run into any problems.
Have been using this thing for 3 years, so here it comes:
512Mb RAM is too less really, even for the stock Android ICS. It won't be laggy at first but it goes to hell pretty fast as soon as you start installing your own apps.
After first 6 months of use it became unbearably slow, I couldn't answer calls bc it just hang up while ringing. Got fed up, installed CyanogenMod KitKat and rolled with it for 2 years. Many apps didn't work and it was buggy but at least It wasn't that slow.
Battery is decent. It can hold the phone alive for 3 days, just don't browse web and play games all the time. The phone doesn't look bad, but the shiny frame coating WILL peel off.
Display is pretty good for a budget phone, rear camera is 5Mp - sort of *meh*, I used it to snap some documents and text I had to keep in mind, but for pictures - hell no. The front "selfie" camera is utter garbage.
The verdict - I wouldn't buy it again, but if I had to - I'd either install a custom ROM or do a factory reset every 3-4 months to keep it usable.
Ma_V3r1cK, 28 Jan 2016I've had this phone for 3.5 years and I finally have replaced it today.
First of all : Thi... moreThanks for the tips! Do you think I'll reach any sort of success if I try to use swap or sd card partition to RAM.
LG u suk
Jonbon, 31 Jan 2016Can someone for God sake please tell me how to factory reset it? I just found my phone after a... moreJust reset one - hold power, volume down, then hold menu(right lcd key), release power at vibration, and hold other keys 2-3 seconds, then release all, should give you an android guy
ahmeddaziekwadwo, 29 Jan 2016l have been using lg p700 but this days my phone application have been running slow.what shoul... moreThis phone is not worth using since it has 512MB of RAM. I recommend getting a more updated phone. I used to have this phone and I have been wasting my time trying to speed up the phone, and it's still slow.
Jonbon, 31 Jan 2016Can someone for God sake please tell me how to factory reset it? I just found my phone after a... moreu enter settings then under headline called personal enter Backup and reset then there is FACTORY DATA RESET tap it and continue ..
Can someone for God sake please tell me how to factory reset it? I just found my phone after a year and can't remember my password.
l have been using lg p700 but this days my phone application have been running slow.what should l do?
I've had this phone for 3.5 years and I finally have replaced it today.
First of all : This phone on stock rom is laggy as hell and you can't do anything to fix it. LG put way to heavy skin on top of that weak single core 1GHz processor. Your only way for fixing this issue is by rooting and installing custom rom.
After a lot of testing and changing roms I would recommend : SlimBean 4.1.2
Link to ROM and instructions :http://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=2282245
It's lightweight - only ~90 MB compared to other roms( 200+ MB)
On this rom you can overclock ( and you should ) cpu on 1.3 GHz and you can also do some other kernel stuff that will improve it's performance. In order to keep this phone lag free on this rom you need to have at least 60 MB of RAM ALWAYS free. ( You can check RAM in Apps - Running and you should see free RAM ). Also on SlimBean 4.1.2 camera has focus issues and to resolve you need to install an updated kernel ( link to it should be on the same page I've had left )
Also you should stay away from heavy apps like : twitter, google chrome, facebook, messnger ( facebook)
I recommend installing : Facebook Lite ( for FB and messages), Opera Lite for browsing ( in case of needing a more powerful browser the built in one should be enough) and Instagram is light app so you can use it too.
Now general opinion of the phone
- Screen : is okay, good enough for it's job, barely enough bright to be used in direct sunlight(but it's doable ), view angles are fine
- Battery : should be good enough for a day ( if you install rom I linked before - you should set performance mode to SmartAssV2 - it uses almost no battery while on standby ! )
- Performance : 1 GHz singlecore is dated and don't expect too much from it - basic tasks should be just fine but anything heavier i.e. Gaming is a no go ( some light games are fine, thou )
- Design : It's beautiful phone. It's slim and light and tough( I've dropped it from around 1.5m and nothing happened to it - maybe just luck, thou)
- Storage : 4 GB ( ~ 2GB for user ) - you need an SD Card, period.
- Volume/Sound : it's okay, not too loud - and quality is decent/good for daily use. Headphones/Earbuds work without any problems.
- Camera : Back -it gets the job done, low light is quite bad and on good light is okay, as I said it gets the job done.
Front - VGA quality, fine at good lighting but I would expect too much from it.
- Call quality : it's good. BUT this phone ( or at least my unit ) can lose 3G (and at the same time not switch to 2G) and your left without phone signal - BUT keep in mind that - issue with signal and connectivity only occurred in MY HOUSE - which means that my house probably has bad 3G signal ( when I switch my phone manually to 2G - it never dropped a signal nor connection ) -> this is only to keep in mind if you have bad signal at your home/work.
And that's it. I think I've said everything important about this phone. Good luck ya all folks ^^
Because of this device I never went back to Lg.
As of now I own Note 3 and this L7 brick.
Anonymous, 30 Dec 2015can someone help me ?? i want to now if i can do screenshots with lg p705 you hold the power button together with the volume down key.. the take a screenshot in a matter of second
This phone is like a brick. you can't do anything with it, but it's not gonna break unless you really try to.
can someone help me ?? i want to now if i can do screenshots with lg p705
i hate this phone. i am using this phone now. very slow. i have to uninstall everything just to use it.